|Jerk Turkey Burger - Yum!|
For the Burger Patties:
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored & grated
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 slightly heaping Tablespoon of jerk seasoning (you can buy a pre-made mix in the store, but I prefer to make my own)
- 1/4 cup panko (japanese style breadcrumbs)
- Drizzle of EVOO
Mix well and form into patties. I got 6 out of this batch.
For the Slaw:
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 savoy green cabbage, cored and finely sliced.
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon scoops of Mango chutney
- 1/2 cup of nonfat greek yogurt
- S&P to taste
Mix all ingredients together, cover and refrigerate.
Grill up the patties on a medium-high grill. Be sure to cook all the way through since you're using poultry, that takes approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
To serve, I chose to put the patties on grilled ciabatta bread. Just take individual ciabatta loaves, cut in half and brush with a little bit of EVOO. Grill until they are nicely toasted, then fill with your burger patty and a big scoop of slaw.